Expert training for civilians, security professionals, law enforcement and military personnel.
The MSG Risk Management & Intelligence Training Academy delivers expert training and lectures in personal protection, crisis mitigation and de-escalation to civilians, security professionals, law enforcement and military personnel. Delivered by our team of highly experienced professionals, these courses are designed to help you master the skills and knowledge required to remain safe in potentially threatening situations or to further your career in the security industry.
In any potentially threatening situation, awareness and knowledge are key. Our lecture based and practical courses cover a huge range of technical and practical skills to ensure that you have the knowledge required to identify and remain safe in potentially threatening situations.
- Active Shooter Training
- Home Protection
- Teen & Youth Classes
- Firearms: including introduction to firearms, concealed carry (AZ) and armed security guard training
- De-Escalation Tactics
- Environmental Self Defense
- Disaster Response
- Medic Courses
As a domestic violence survivor, I have concerns about my safety and security. Steve not only helped me to think through my concerns, he also helped me to set up a plan “just in case”. I appreciate his kind understanding and help preparing for an urgent situation – it has meant many peaceful nights of sleep for me and my family.
The course is designed to be studied over a number of sessions in-person, and will cover the following:
- Situational Awareness: knowing your environment and how to identify what can be used in your favor. How to recognize potential threats and how to have a plan for most given situations.
- De-Escalation Techniques: how to use words to get out of a violent situation, what language to use and what words and phrases to avoid using with a potentially violent individual.
- Unarmed Self-Defense: easy to learn, practical strikes designed to incapacitate and create pain in order to buy time to get away and create distance between yourself and the threat. Less lethal options such as taser, stun gun, pepper spray, impact weapons and situational fighting techniques.
- Safety & Introduction to Firearms: A focus on firearm safety and how to render a firearm safe. Then an in-depth module on the various types of handguns, ammunition and how to hold, aim and fire a gun. We will spend time having you try various handguns for home defense and for carrying as personal protection, with the ultimate goal to purchase the right firearms for you.
- CCW (Concealed Carry Weapons) License: This course goes into AZ gun laws, how and when to carry, different types of holsters, different shooting positions, and how to handle firearm malfunctions. You will then submit paperwork to obtain an AZ CCW permit, which is good for 5 years and recognized in 38 other states.
- Further Firearm Skills: these would be taught over a total of 5 sessions and would cover everything from maintenance, cleaning and malfunctions clearing to firearms accuracy, night and low light shooting and one-hand shooting.
Shotgun & Rifle Skills: the firearms will be supplied for instructional purposes in the event that you didn’t want to own one. We feel it’s important to gain familiarization.
- Emergency Planning: this covers emergency planning in the home and while traveling including EDC, everyday carry, how to assemble a “go-bag” and what should be included, and the creation of an emergency plan for you and your family.